1. Brain surgery has been around for a very long time. When you came down with severe headaches or sickness some cultures would drill holes in the skull to try and alleviate the pain our cure the illness.
2. Just because you or someone you know has a bigger brain does not make you smarter. Case in point – relatively speaking Albert Einstein had a small brain.
3. Your brain really is a supercomputer. Over the coarse of an average persons lifetime the brain will retain up to one quadrillion bits of information. Now, unlike a computer, how are you going to access that information is a completely different story!
4. Despite what your kids and your boss may think, your brain continues to develop into your late 40’s. You hear that kids!
5. Each and every day consists of about 65,000-70,000 thoughts. Or in the case of some wives, double that amount if it requires you doing work around the house!
6. When you’re around 2 years old, this is the point when you will have more brain cells than at any other point in your life.
7. You brain carries about 25 Watts of power, which can generate enough electricity to power a lightbulb.
8. The only part of your body where you do not want to lose fat. The brain, it is about 60% fat.
9. Your brain does not have any pain receptors. That is why brain surgeries are undertaken without putting you unconscious. Which also gives credence to being a ‘pain-in-the-ass’ and not pain-in-the-brain, which makes no sense.
10. Your brain is more active when you are sleeping than when you’re awake.
Bonus Fact! Signals travel throughout your brain at roughly 260mph.